[/raw] When Timothy asked me to do Top 10 Tuesday this week, I must admit I was sort of at a loss when it came to picking a topic. But then I thought to myself that this is something for the readers, and that it would be awesome to actually put them in the article itself. The local Cosplay scene has grown stupendously over the last four years, producing amazing pieces of artwork and craftsmanship. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you, my top 10 cosplays, chosen based on various factors such as “Is it eye candy?” and “How amazing is that costume!?” Don't forget to click on these to see the enlarged versions![raw]
10. CakeSimply because Adventure Time is my favourite cartoon and Genevieve Lesch – known by many as KomboKitten – is one of my favourite cosplayers. Official Fan Page: KomboKitten Online
9. Black WidowThe always lovely Miss Sasha Perdigoa cosplays a badass Black Widow, and what can I say? A picture is worth a thousand words! Official Fan Page: Sashi Cosplay
8. Demon HunterNow this is an oldie but a goodie! Natalie Leaver created an amazing Diablo III Demon Hunter which was my absolute favourite of the Diablo III cosplay group in 2012. The group cosplays various characters from the game for the Kalahari Diablo III game launch. Official Fan Page: Naughty Neko Cosplay and Craftiness
7. AlienLast year, Telkom Do Gaming had an awesome cosplay competition at rAge. Challenging gamers to cosplay to the theme of Alien. Gabriella Jardine came up with something truly different. You could see that a lot of thought and effort went into her cosplay. Here’s to the best cosplay make-up I’ve seen locally!
6. BatmanIt’s a great shame that we don’t have photographs showing off more detail on the amazing craftsmanship of Lazygamer journalist Darryn Bonthuys. This particular Batman suit was crafted by him for the 2012 rAge expo. Having seen this majestic suit up close, it will always be one of my favourite cosplays. Twitter: The D
5. HawkeCosplay duo Freltana Cosplay’s Darren has undoubtedly pulled off one of the best male cosplays in the country. Even though it was done quite some time ago, this particular image will stick with us for a long time. His Dragon Age Hawke cosplay even featured on the cover of “1,000 Incredible Costume and Cosplay Ideas” which can be purchased on Amazon. Official Fan Page: Freltana Cosplay
4. Ms. MarvelWe just can’t get enough of this lady’s cosplay. Sasha Perdigoa did what she described as a “quickie” cosplay and soon discovered that it was one of her most popular. We can definitely see why.
3. Kagamine LenYamaki Yama impresses with her Vocaloid cosplay. Yamaki crafted and styled every inch of this cosplay and wore it quite superbly. Official Fan Page: Yamaki
2. Ling XiaoyuOnce again, Genevieve Lesch brings to life a great classic character from the Tekken series. She has a number of great shots of her Ling Xiaoyu, of which this is my personal favourite.