After years and years without a rugby game we were treated to two rugby games towards the end of 2011. One of those games came from Sidhe in the guise of Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge, which was considered the better of the two games. It still has a lot of work to get through to become a top game,but gamers hoping for the release to become an annual release with improvements will be excited to hear that Sidhe are releasing the game on the Vita.
This means that they will have been working on improvements, hopefully listening to the fans and ironing out problems found in the console versions. Sidhe have announced that Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge will release on 27 June 2012, as well as announcing a host of features that will be found in the game. The features include:
- Multiple game modes including Single Match, Competition and Multi Year Career Modes as well as extensive Help and Tutorial Mode options
- 96 teams and 31 stadia, incorporating official team and competition licences for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, AU/NZ Super Rugby, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
- Utilisation of key PlayStation Vita capabilities including touch screen controls for gameplay (conversion kicks and lineouts), the rear touch panel for sprint and a full touch screen user interface
- Online multiplayer capabilities allowing gamers to compete in 1 vs 1 head to head play and leaderboard competitions
- Extensive customisation tools allowing users to shape the game to their own preferences by creating and customising new players, teams and competitions
- Real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators Grant Nisbett and former All Blacks’ halfback Justin Marshall.
Source : NextGenGamingBlog