Indie dev Kot in Action are working on a first-person dungeon crawler called Tomes of Mephistopheles and they have just released a new alpha gameplay walkthrough/trailer for the title. The footage shows off some of the features expected in the finished title and outlines some of the work that still needs to be done. Players will be tasked with tracking down and destroying (or possibly using, should you choose to) the tomes left behind by the Lord of Darkness.
Seeking the sinister Tomes, you will forge a path through the dungeons using anything that becomes available to you, while attaining skill and power along the way by exploring, questing, and crafting unique equipment and tailoring spells for yourself.
We have a list of the features of the game below, though not all of these have been implemented.
- Crawl through vast, procedurally generated dungeons and overworlds.
- Use explosives or other means to create your own path through a destructible world.
- Crush your enemies in visceral, fast-paced, collision-based melee and spell combat.
- Immerse yourself in a dank, dark ambiance.
- Battle intelligent enemies that evade and surround you to claw and slash you to death.
- Use intuitive casting mechanics that allow casting of rapid-fire or big powerful spells on the fly.
- Combine interchangeable runes which control all aspects of your spells. Spells can be customized as far as the way they move, how they are controlled, the area they affect, how they fork or chain, and of course, what the effects are at each stage of the spell designated by specific combinations of elements.
- Pick up real world objects. Chests and other containers do not use menus, but instead have actual items inside.
Being an indie title there is no release date set but it will eventually be launched on the PC.
Source : Kot in Action